Business Development Specialist – part- or full-time
Deetken Insight, Vancouver Office and/or remote
Deetken Insight, a company of The Deetken Group, is a boutique management consulting firm based in Vancouver. We provide specialized financial, economic and business advisory services to government and corporate clients. For our team, we offer a competitive compensation package, and a fun, family-friendly and flexible work environment with options to work from home or from our spacious, sunny and centrally-located office (once it is safe to do so). As we like to say, we are good people who take pride in doing great work!
We are seeking a Business Development Specialist with exceptional abilities to write clearly and concisely, to analyze and synthesize complex information from multiple sources to generate a polished written product, and to help implement our business development strategy. Relevant work experience in grant writing, technical writing, business development, fundraising, or a related field is required as are excellent interpersonal and organizational skills. Experience with knowledge management and/or communications is desirable.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare written responses and track responses to bidding opportunities, independently and in collaboration with team members.
- Support efforts to source opportunities that align with and leverage our core expertise from bidding sites (e.g. BC Bid, the City of Vancouver procurement site, etc) and other sources
- Help build a business development mindset across our team
- Build pitch decks, promotional material and other communications collateral/content
- Help to identify and build professional networks
- Find creative and exciting ways to improve our approach to business development
- Report to/work closely with Deetken’s Business Development Manager
As our ideal candidate, you will have:
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant business development experience, ideally acquired in a professional services organization.
- Professional maturity, including strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities with challenging deadlines.
- Ability to complete designated tasks in a systematic and logical way.
- Desire to work on a collaborative team, being involved in strategy development and sharing ideas.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable.
The position can be either full or part-time, depending on our ideal candidate’s availability, interest, qualifications and work/life balance goals. The selected candidate will have room for growth and development and will receive a competitive compensation package, including generous vacation benefits.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a resumé, together with a cover letter, to Kristiana Powell at email@example.com. We will be interviewing on a rolling basis until we find the right candidate, so please submit your application as soon as possible. Thank you for your interest!